Tuesday 7 July 2015

Episode 8- Funshine!!!

Hi everybody!!

A week late than planned but Episode 8 is here! Woohoo!!

I did record last week, but was not happy with the episode so I held off and re-recorded :) And so glad I did, I have a lot more to show you this week, so hopefully there will be less rambling!

Thank yous.........

Thank you to everyone who has subscribed to the youtube channel, messaged me and been chatting too! And a huge thank you Melinda from the YarnderWoman podcast for the shout out during her episode titled All The Fun Of The Fair!!

You can view the episode here:



I am also on Social Media.....

Twitter: Rockabella_C
Instagram: rockabellacrafts
Ravelry: RockabellaCrafts


SHOW NOTES:

On The Needles:

I have mostly been working on my Campside Shawl by Alicia Plummer. I love it so much, I am using Stylecraft Life DK and it's knitting up beautifully and huge too! Can't wait to block it and take it to Rome with me, it will be perfect to wear at the airport & on the plane too.


I haven't made any progress on my Aisling Shawl or Pomme De Pin.........will they be finished in time.......perhaps not but I can always take them with me to knit on.


Off The Needles:

Nothing this week.

In The Flock:

My swap packages are ready to send this week, just need to wrap them up. If anyone would like to do a mini-skein swap with me, please get in touch, my stash is looking quite healthy right now and would love to share some with you!

No KALs that I'm taking part in right now.

Stash Treats:

Was treated to a shopping trip to The Wool Stop, where I bought my arn for my Campside Shawl and also bought some gorgeous Juniper Moon Farm yarn, 50% Wool 50% Silk, its gorgeous and so soft. The ball is generous with 730m/798yds, so can't wait to cast this on!

I also bought some lovely hadndyed yarn from The Nutty KNitter on Instagram, in her Strawberry Shake colourway, it's beautiful! She also sent a mini skein from her stash dyed by Three Violet Buttons, who also dyes fantastic colourways, both are based in the UK and I highly recommend them!

My local craft store has re-opened, and I took a trip there, it's beautiful, they have a old Singer in the window and when you walk in there is 1940s music playing, it's divine! So., I treated myself to some fat quaters for some project bags, some more circular needles, a tea cosy pattern book and a sewing pattern book, there is a teepee pattern in there which I would love to mae for my nieces and nephews to keep at their Grandparent's house for the summer, I think they would love it!

I also has some wonderful treats from Swap buddies :)

See you all again soon!
Gem
XoXo

2 comments:

  1. Another great episode! Linked to you in my blog post today, just thought you'd like to know. Look forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Gill. I've been reading your blog this week, and it's definitely made my reading list - have bookmarked it, it's great!

      A new episode will be up soon! X

      Delete