Saturday 2 May 2015

Episode 6 - Energised and ready to go.......

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for stopping by and watching! It's been a tricky few weeks with A LOT going on, oh my days! But I'm back a raring to go :)

I can be found on Ravelry and Instagram as RockabellaCrafts

Or you can email me at rockabellacrafts@gmail.com



So, this week......I have been quite good in working on a solitary project, have some finished objects and lots of wonderful treats to show you! I have also been discovering other podcasts and will be doing another blog post about all the wonderful podcast - both audio and video - that I have been enjoying!

LINKS:

On the needles:

Pluma Shawl by Lisa R Myers (free pattern on ravelry) ~ I've been absolutely loving this pattern. I decided to put a lifeline in at the start of the lace pattern and so glad I did! I had to rip back and start again, but when redoing it, it turned out correctly and much better!! The pattern is well written and the lace pattern is easy to remember, each row changes slightly but are all extremely similar.


Finished objects:

Spa Day facecloth by Anne Mancine (free pattern on ravelry) - I have made one and will be making 2 more to create a gift for my friend who is turning 40 soon! The pattern is lovely and has a beautiful texture to it, very good for washing :)

Needle felting toadstools! - When popping into Mother Goose, I decided to purchase a needle felting kit and created a toadstool garland. It was incredibly easy and addictive, everything was included in the kit with full and clear instructions.


In the flock:

Winter Is Coming Shawlette by Sally Cameron a.k.a Pink Hair Girl on ravelry (paid for pattern). I'd definitely knit this again, I love all the deifferent textures to the pattern, which all work surprisingly well together.

DSPAKAL hosted by Kristen of the YarnGasm of cast and Voolenvine Yarns - I have made good progress on the Age of Brass And Steam Shawlette - but I still need lots of spinning if I'm to finish before the end of the month! I want to do at least 5 more repeats of the pattern.

YarnGasm Mini skein swap - wow, just wow!! I received the most amazing parcel from Julie who has also begun her own podcast, which I have loved the first episode of - it's called Diary Of A Yarn Snob, check it out!


Stash Treats:

I bought way too much yarn from The Wool Stop in Thornbury, Bristol. It's a wonderful shop!

I bought some ~

more hand dyed yarn by Woolie Wonders in her Purpe Rain colourway.
Artisan yarns
Stitch markers and 2 books, one was Pretty In Punk with some funky knits which will be perfect for my shop! And also, Weardowney which has a lot of information on the history of knitting and some wonderful patterns aw hitch I will definitely be knitting up!


I think that is all for this week, I hope you enjoyed the episode! Thanks once again for stopping by, I love having you all here to listen to me babble on about yarny wonderfulness!

Take care and happy knitting! 

Gemma XxX





No comments:

Post a Comment